Institute for Continuing & Professional Studies (ICPS)
Download Fall 2014 ICPS Bulletin (PDF download) • Browse the bulletin on Issuu
NYSID’s Institute for Continuing & Professional Studies (ICPS) has a course that fits your needs, whether you are a professional looking to acquire a new skill or credential, or a design enthusiast seeking to nourish your passion. All classes are taught by NYSID’s accomplished faculty of interior designers, architects, visual artists, and art and design historians.
- Introduction to Interior Design: NYSID’s 6-session intro course is for people considering a career in interior design. This overview of the discipline and the education required introduces beginners to understanding and using color, the selection of furniture, finishes, textiles, and other fundamental design skills.
- Graphic Communications & Technology Courses: Subjects include courses in AutoCAD for Mac and PC users, Revit, Vectorworks, SketchUp, and more.
- Professional Exam Preparation: Workshops help students review for the NCIDQ and LEED Green Associate exams.
- Professional Development: Courses cover everything from how to license your designs, to entrepreneurship, to residential lighting basics for designers. All these classes carry CEUs and LUs.
- Courses for Academic Credit: These 1 to 3 credit courses in design have no prerequisites and are open to NYSID students and the public. NYSID allows you to take up to 12 credits as a non-matriculated student, and those credits can be applied to a degree.
- Design, History & Arts Courses:Pursue your interest in Middle Eastern antiquity, buying antiques and art at auction, or quick sketching techniques. Explore the design showroom buildings with an expert. Top specialists and artists teach a variety of offerings.
- Special Programs: NYSID offers Certificates in Residential Lighting, design entrepreneurship, and collecting design, as well as special trips to museums and cultural centers.
For more information, contact email@example.com or call (212) 472-1500 x209.