The College offers housing to students at a modern residential facility at 97th Street and Third Avenue, which is easily accessible to NYSID and is in a neighborhood full of shops and restaurants.
The residence features double and triple rooms, each with its own bathroom; there is 24-hour security and concierge service. Each room is equipped with a refrigerator, microwave oven, and 26-inch DVD-equipped flat-screen TV. There is free cable, free local and national phone service, and free high-speed internet. Rooms come fully furnished and the facility has common rooms, quiet rooms, a fully equipped gym, a game room, a laundry room, and computer kiosks.
NYSID's housing options and costs for the 2012-2013 academic year (9 months):
$300 security deposit (due at contract signing and refunded at the end of the spring semester subject to room inspection)
2013-2014 Housing Application (PDF download)
For more information on student housing, please contact 212-472-1500, x 203.
Housing Application Process
1. The Housing Application will be sent to you with your Admission Letter and Declaration of Intent Form.
2. Complete the Declaration of Intent form and prepare your tuition and housing deposits. This tuition deposit is $250 for undergraduates and $500 for graduates. The housing deposit is $500. Please return both of these to the Office of Admissions.
3. After the Office of Admissions receives your declaration of intent, housing application, and the above deposits, the housing contract will be mailed to you.
4. Please review the housing contract very carefully and return it to the Office of Admissions as soon as possible along with your security deposit of $300.
5. Once we receive your housing contract and deposit, we will reserve your space in NYSID student housing.
6. Roommate information will be sent to you in August.