Student Clubs & Organizations
NYSID has active student organizations that support diverse interests, promote student involvement, and encourage leadership opportunities. These clubs and associations help students connect to each other as well as to the global and local interior design community.
- American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) is the oldest and largest professional organization devoted to interior design, with a membership of 30,000. The members of NYSID’s large and active student chapter take tours of residential design firms, hotels, and showrooms, and participate in activities that complement academics and build professional networks.
- International Interior Design Association (IIDA) is a large, international professional organization that perpetuates global collaboration between interior designers. Members of the NYSID student chapter have the opportunity to compete for awards and scholarships, and attend networking events.
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) NYSID student chapter promotes sustainable initiatives through professional networking and the common goal of educating the community about creating and maintaining a sustainable environment. The group's most recent project is the development of a "green rooftop" for NYSID's 70th Street location.
- Graduate Student Association represents the interests and needs of NYSID graduate students by serving as a liaison between students and the NYSID faculty and administration, working towards enhancing the overall student experience. The association also organizes and sponsors a variety of events throughout the academic year. Like the GSA on Facebook.
- Undergraduate Student Association functions as the voice of the student body and is the primary forum through which student concerns are brought to the attention of the College’s administration. The association also organizes and sponsors events throughout the academic year.