NYSID's Mission & Vision
New York School of Interior Design prepares aspiring interior designers and working professionals to be leaders in the field by providing a focused and immersive interior design education drawing upon expert faculty, innovative approaches, and close industry relationships.
New York School of Interior Design is a global leader in interior design education, impacting the profession through innovative curricula and strategic collaborations, with graduates placed in positions of influence around the world.
New York School of Interior Design values:
- The quality of human life in the built environment
- The “spark” to be found within each student
- The rich history of the institution and the design profession
- The special opportunities afforded by NYSID’s NYC location
- A setting that fosters creative thinking, collaboration and collegiality among students, faculty & staff
- Small and focused learning environments, both digital and experiential
- The expertise and commitment of the faculty and staff
- Both conceptual and applied design
- Respect for the environment and sustainable practices
- A strong grounding in the liberal arts as an essential part of a designer’s education
- A foundation of respect for oneself, others, and the greater world
- Engagement with local and global communities