NYSID Space Rental Information
The New York School of Interior Design has two locations -- our main location is on Manhattan’s Upper East Side and The Graduate Center is in the Gramercy/Flatiron district. Learn more about NYSID's facilities.
We periodically rent out our classrooms, auditorium, and gallery spaces to outside institutions. Your request for space is on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservation requests for future semesters may not be honored until NYSID’s public program and class schedule is complete. NYSID will do its best to honor your request for a specific location, but will always reserve the most appropriate space for your event.
For specific information on any of the rooms listed below or to inquire about hosting an event at either of NYSID’s locations, please send the following information to email@example.com (we can only accept requests via email).
Your Contact Information
- First and last name of client(s)
- Name of company/organization (if applicable)
- Name of event planning company and contact person (if applicable)
- Complete mailing address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Event type (e.g., lecture/discussion, conference, reception, fundraiser, etc.)
- Preferred event date (or preferred month and year, if your dates are flexible) and time
- Estimated number of guests
- Estimated number of hours needed for your event
Make sure to send all the information requested above.
While we'll make every effort to host your event, but here are the type we are not able to accomodate:
- Events for minors under 18 years of age, including children's birthday parties or coming-of-age celebrations
- Sport or fitness classes
- Political fundraisers
- Religious services
Once we've received your request, a NYSID representative will get in touch with you to schedule an appointment for an in-person site visit or discuss the details of your event. Site visits are available by appointment only during regular business hours, Monday–Friday, 9 am–5 pm.
Cost of Space Rental
Once you've visited NYSID and looked at the space you're interested in, or discussed your event with a NYSID representative, we'll provide a proposal specially tailored to your event with the estimated fees below. Please be aware that NYSID reserves the right to include additional fees if your event falls outside of typical parameters; for example, if you need to set-up on another day or need to begin/end outside of NYSID's regular business hours you may be subject to additional fees.
NYSID, 170 East 70th Street
- Auditorium (seats up to 164 people) - $500/4 hours
- NYSID Gallery (holds up to 125 people for a standing reception) – $350/4 hours
- Combined Auditorium and Gallery rental - $700/4 hours
- Classroom/Seminar Room (seats 10 - 50 people) - $250/4 hours
The Graduate Center, 401 Park Avenue South at 28th Street
- Presentation Room/Large Classroom (seats up to 50) - $350/4 hours
- Classroom/Seminar Room (seating up to 20 people) - $250/4 hours
- Security Fee - $100/Event*
- Cleaning Fee - $100/Event*
- Outside Caterer and Kitchen Use (kitchen only available at 70th street location) - $250/Event
- Use of NYSID event furniture and supplies - $250/Event (as applicable, please inquire about availability)
- Additional fees as applicable - TBD with details of event
*This fee is manditory for all rentals.
Please be aware that NYSID requires all outside organizations to provide a certificate of liability insurance naming the New York School of Interior Design as additional insured.
As of January 1, 2016. All fees are subject to change without notice.